The PADI Search and Recovery Diver Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
What You Learn
- Search and recovery dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems
- How to locate large and small objects using search patterns
- How to use a lift bag and other recovery methods
- Limited visibility search techniques
Students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Be the Certified Advanced Open Water Diver level (or equivalent)
- Be the Certified Open Water Diver level (or equivalent) IF you have Underwater Navigation specialty as well
- Be at least 12 years old
What is Involved?
The course consists of two days of training:
- Knowledge Session prior to the dive at the same location, as your quarry dives.
- Open Water Session at Lake Phoenix
The course is taught during the warmer months of the year (May-October) where we’ll meet at Lake Phoenix
When Can you Start?
Check out our schedule below for dates and times.
The course includes:
- Search and Recovery Diver eLearning
- Knowledge Review
- Open Water Dives
- Certification Card
- Tanks and Weights
- Use of lift bags, reels and ropes
Course does not include: (Required equipment student are responsible for supplying):
- Mask, snorkel, fins and booties
- Depth gauge/timer or computer
- Wetsuit with hoods and gloves (Recommend 7 mm)
- Quarry Entry fees
- DSMB/ Surface signaling device (aka Safety Sausage)
(Equipment can be rented from Atlantic Edge at a package rate)
No Courses Found