The Full Face Mask Diver Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
An exciting alternative to a standard scuba regulator is a full face mask (FFM)! Using an FFM is easy, a lot of fun, and offers some great advantages to a standard scuba regulator, such as keeping your entire face warm during those cold winter and quarry dives, there is no jaw fatigue or water against your face, great field of vision, and you can add a communication unit so that you can talk to your buddy! Safely using a full face masks, however, requires special training. That’s where the PADI Full Face Mask Diver Specialty Course comes in.
Among the many things, you will learn as part of this program:
- How to use a full face mask
- The advantages of using a full face mask
- Emergency procedures to switch to your backup regulator and regular mask
- Underwater communications systems that can be used with a full face mask
Students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Be certified the Open Water Diver level (or equivalent)
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Be prepared that this is a more advanced specialty certification
- Be able to answer "No" to all questions on the PADI/RSTC Medical History form, or secure a physician’s approval for diving prior to the start of the course
What is Involved?
The course consists of two parts:
- Knowledge Development/Pool or Shallow Water Training: We’ll review information on how the full face mask works. Then we will spend some time going over basic skills with the full face mask in shallow water.
- Open Water Training: Over the course of two dives, you apply the knowledge and skills you developed to refine under real-world diving conditions. Successfully completing both open-water training dives qualifies you for PADI Full Face Mask Diver certification.
During our warmer months (May- November) we’ll meet at Juturna Springs where we’ll start off in shallow water and then complete our two dives.
When Can You Start?
Check out or schedule below for dates and times.
The course fee is $169 and includes:
- Use of full face mask
- Knowledge development
- Pool session or shallow water session
- Open water dives
- Certification card
- Tanks and weights
Course does not include: (Required Equipment student are responsible for supplying):
- Mask, snorkel, fins
- Buoyancy Control Device (BCD)
- Regulator/alternate air source
- Depth gauge/timer or computer
- Wetsuit with hoods and gloves (Recommend 7mm)
- Audible surface signal (whistle)
- Surface signal (safety tube)
- Cutting tool
- Quarry entry fees
Full Face Specialty Paperwork
Full Face Mask Course Information
Full Face Mask Diver $169.00