The Emergency First Response with ATLANTIC EDGE
First aid and CPR are good skills for anyone involved in adventure sports – just in case. And, you need these skills for the PADI Rescue Diver course. Emergency First Response is a PADI affiliate that specialises in teaching these lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not just divers. Most PADI Instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors!
Among the many things, you will learn as part of this program:
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations
- Care about other people and want to be able to assist them in a medical emergency
- No age requirement
What doest the course consists of?
- Knowledge review and independant home study. You'll need to complete the two knowledge review in the EFR Primary and Secondary Care Manual (we'll mail it once registered) prior to class and watch the Primary and Secondary Care DVD (we'll mail along with the manual, must be returned)
- A 3-4 hour skills review and practice.
The course is taught during the colder months at our store location and in the warmer months of the year (May through Ocotober) were we’ll teach it prior to the Rescue Diver Course at Juturna Springs.
When Can You Start?
Check out or schedule below for dates and times. (CPR and First Aid Training must be renewed every 2 years)
The course fee is $99 and includes:
- Knowledge Review and Skill Practice
- Primary and Secondary Care Manual
- Certification card
- DVD (Rental/Returned before dives)
Emergency First Response Paperwork
Emergency First Response Course Description
Emergency First Response Information Sheet
Efr- Primary And Secondary Care W/ Aed $99.00