The Emergency First Response with ATLANTIC EDGE
First aid and CPR are good skills for anyone involved in adventure sports – just in case. And, you need these skills for the PADI Rescue Diver course. Emergency First Response is a PADI affiliate that specializes in teaching these lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not just divers. Most PADI Instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors.
You will learn:
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the lay level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal-injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid and first-aid-kit considerations
- Care about other people and want to be able to assist them in a medical emergency
- There is no age requirement
What does the course include?
- Knowledge development through online E-Learning and independant home study. You'll need to complete the E-Learning prior to class .
- A 2-3 hour skills review and practice.
During the colder months, the course is taught at our store: 7672 Airpark Rd., Gaithersburg. In the warmer months of the year (May through Ocotober) we’ll teach it prior to the Rescue Diver Course at the training site.
When Can You Start?
Check the schedule below for dates and times. (CPR and First Aid Training must be renewed every 2 years)
The course fee is $149 and includes:
- Skill Practice
- Certification card
Emergency First Response Paperwork
Emergency First Response Course Description
Emergency First Response Information Sheet
No Courses Found