The Advanced Open Water Diver Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
When you’re ready to take your diving to the next level, take the Advanced Open Water course. We’ll take you on five different diving experiences in one weekend—peak buoyancy skills, deep diving, search and recovery, and a couple of others. And as always, it’s fun! Our advanced course is done over the course of two days. It consists of five ‘special’ dives—each one with a particular focus aimed at improving your diving skills.
Among the things you will learn:
- Underwater navigation
- Peak buoyancy
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- Be certified the Open Water Diver level (or equivalent)
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Be able to answer "No" to all questions on the PADI/RSTC Medical History form, or secure a physician’s approval for diving prior to the start of the course
What is Involved?
The course consists of two parts:
- Knowledge development through eLearning independent study. We'll start the day by going over the dive reviews Your Elearning must be completed prior to arriving at the quarry. Bring you eLearning Completion Form.
- Open-Water Training: Over the course of two days, we'll do five dives (usually 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday).
The course is taught during the warmer months of the year (May-October) at a nearby scuba park.
When Can You Start?
Check out or schedule below for dates and times.
The course fee is $399 and includes:
- PADI E-Learning
- 5 Open water training dives
- Certification card
- Tanks and weights
- Use of compass, slates and Surface Marker Buoy (SMB) , lift bags, ropes/lines, signaling device
Course fee does not include the following required equipment that students are responsible for supplying (Equipment may be rented from Atlantic Edge at a package rate):
- Mask, snorkel, fins
- Buoyancy Control Device (BCD)
- Regulator/alternate air source
- Depth gauge/timer or computer
- Wetsuit with hoods and gloves (We recommend 7mm)
- Cutting Tool
- Audible Signal Device (AE rentals Include whistle)
Quarry entry fees
Advanced Open Water Paperwork:
Advanced Open Water Paperwork Packet