Finish Your Certification Locally with Atlantic Edge
Join one of our many exotic trips and complete your certification during the first two days. Bring your Open Water Referral Paper with you on your pre-planned vacation to complete your dives almost anywhere in the world with almost any PADI shop.
- INCLUDES ALL SCUBA EQUIPMENT (regulator, b.c., tanks, weights, wetsuit, hood, gloves)
- Mask, Snorkel, Fins, and Boots are not included in the course cost. These items can be purchased in store, online, or over the phone, and delivered right to the dive site or rented and picked up at the dive site.
- Four dives over two days
- Join us during the spring, summer, or fall at a local quarry (quarry entrance fee not included in course cost)
- Juturna Springs-Maryland
- Dutch Springs-Pennsylvania
Once you complete your training dives you are certified for life! It is then time to join us at the National Aquarium in Baltimore for the best local dive around, or on one of our many dive trips to an exotic destination. Learning to dive opens a world of opportunities most will only dream of. Imagine diving the reefs in Grand Cayman, discovering wrecks in the Florida Keys, taking under water photographs, and much more! You can also begin taking specialty courses once you have completed your Open Water Certification.
Open Water Training Dives take place on a Saturday and Sunday where you will complete 2 dives each day for a total of 4 Open Water dives. Cost of all 4 training dives is $249.
Rental BCD, regulator, tanks, weights, wetsuit, gloves and hood
Cost Does NOT Include:
- Quarry Entrance Fees (each day)
- Mask, snorkel, fins and booties
Most training dives will take place at Juturna Springs in Woodsboro Maryland. Please keep in mind that most quarries only accept cash. If you don't own your own set of gear, we offer a $45 weekend rental package. Just call us ahead of time to pay and provide your sizes. We'll pack up a set for you on the truck during your scheduled dive weekend. No need to worry about pickup or drop-off!
You must bring your signed and completed PADI Open Water Referral to your training dives.
- Before you can complete your training dives, you must have completed the bookwork/online eLearning, classroom, and pool session first.
- If you went through the whole program with us, you should have completed our Learn to Scuba course
- If you went through the program with another PADI dive shop, you only need to bring your referral
- If you went through the program with a dive shop that is not PADI affiliated, contact us first
You need to be able to answer No to all questions on the PADI/RSTC Medical History form, or secure a physician's approval for diving prior to the start of the course.
- Please note that a valid referral cannot be older than one year from when the instructor signed off
- You will likely already have completed this form once for the previous class. Please bring a copy of this paperwork to the training dives. The instructor is required to see hard copies on location to allow someone to dive. You do NOT need to get a second physician signature, but we do need proof of the original signature (if there was a Yes on your form)