The PADI Whale Shark Awareness Distinctive Specialty Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
Whale sharks are the largest fish in the sea, yet are known as gentle giants with little known about their activities or population size. Research and monitoring programs are helping fill these knowledge gaps. Learn about whale shark biology, behavior and distribution. During two scuba dives or snorkeling excursions, practice passively observing these large creatures.
Minimum Course Prerequisites:
- certified as a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver
- At least 10 years of age
- Basic scuba gear, available for rent
- Slate for Recording
What You Learn
- To introduce divers to whale shark biology, behaviour and distribution.
- Provide an overview of whale shark research and worldwide conservation status.
- To enable divers to plan, organise and execute a whale shark dive in a safe, passive manner.
- To emphasise the importance of whale shark monitor- ing activities and provide whale shark conservation opportunities through participation in Project AWARE’s Whale Shark Project (http://www.whalesharkproject. org).
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact ATLANTIC EDGE.
Your Next Adventure
If you enjoy this course, consider taking some of our other AWARE courses!