The PADI Sidemount Diver Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
Find a new and different way to configure your cylinders with the Sidemount Diver course.
What you Experience
- An alternative way to streamline in the water
- Easier equipment transportation when topside
- Reduced lower back strain
- Provides redundant gas supply
- Ability to monitor all equipment because it’s in front of you
- Increased gas supply for longer dives
Because you are able to move the cylinder from your back to your side, it instantly takes the pressure off of your back and gives you more flexibility to move and enjoy your dive. Plus, you don’t have to walk to the dive site with the cylinders on your back. You can enter the water and clip them on and go.
Students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Be the Certified Open Water Diver level (or equivalent)
- Be at least 15 years old
What is Involved?
The course consists of two parts:
- Knowledge development through independent study.
- Confined Water Session at a local pool for first day. This will consist of going over the knowledge development, and practicing skills in the pool with the equipment on.
- Open Water Session at Juturna Springs for the second day. This will have to occur in a separate weekend. The day will consist of three dives.
The course is taught in two different locations in separate weekends, with a total of two days of instruction. The first day confined water session will take place at one of the various pools we work with. The open water session will take place at Juturna Springs. Because the open water dives are required for the certification, this course will only be held during the warmer months of the year (May-October).
When can you start?
Check out our schedule below for dates and times.
The course fee is $399 and includes:
- Knowledge Review
- Pool Session
- PADI Sidemount Diver Manual
- Open Water Dives
- Certification Card
- Tanks and Weights
- Sidemount Harness
- 2 Regulators and Pressure Guages
Course does not include: (Required equipment student are responsible for supplying):
- Mask, snorkel, fins and bootie
- Depth gauge/timer or computer
- Wetsuit with hoods and gloves (Recommend 7 mm)
- Spring Entry fees
(Equipment can be rented from Atlantic Edge.)
You can easily combine Sidemount Diving and Self-Reliant Diving while gaining more experience with this new equipment configuration. Contact ATLANTIC EDGE to sign up for the PADI Sidemount course today!