The PADI Rescue Diver Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
"Challenging" and "rewarding" best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you learned in previous classes, the course expands on how to prevent problems as well as how to manage them if they occur.
You will learn:
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
Students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Be certified the Advanced Open Water Diver level (or equivalent)
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Be able to answer "No" to all questions on the PADI/RSTC Medical History form, or secure a physician’s approval for diving prior to the start of the course
- Be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years. We'll conduct the Emergency First Responder (EFR) Course in the morning prior to the dives. Register Here.
What is involved?
The course consists of two parts:
- Knowledge development through E-Learning and independent study. E-Learning must must be completed prior to arriving at the training site/quarry. The Rescue Course does require students to take a multiple choice exam to be completed online.
- Open Water Training: Over the course of two days of diving you'll practice rescue skills and put put them together in a couple of fun scenarios.
The course is taught during the warmer months of the year (May-October) where we’ll meet at a nearby scuba park.
When Can You Start?
Check the schedule below for dates and times.
The course fee is $449 and includes:
- PADI Rescue Diver eLearning
- Open water dives
- Certification card
- Tanks and weights
Course fee does not include: (Required equipment students are responsible for supplying):
- Mask, snorkel, fins
- Buoyancy Control Device (BCD)
- Regulator/alternate air source
- Depth gauge/timer or computer
- Wetsuit with hoods and gloves (Recommend 7mm)
- Pocket mask use (Highly Recommended)
- Audible surface signal (Whistle)
- Surface signal (Safety Tube)
- Cutting tool
- CPR Mask
- Quarry entry fees
(Equipment can be rented from Atlantic Edge at a package rate)
Rescue Diver Paperwork
Rescue Diver Paperwork Packet
No Courses Found