The PADI Rescue Diver Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
"Challenging" and "rewarding" best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you've already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
Among the many things, you will learn as part of this program:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
Students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Be certified the Advanced Open Water Diver level (or equivalent)
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Be able to answer "No" to all questions on the PADI/RSTC Medical History form, or secure a physician’s approval for diving prior to the start of the course
- Be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years. We'll conduct the EFR Course in the morning prior to the dives. Register Here.
What is involved?
The course consists of two parts:
- Knowledge development through independent study. We'll start the day by going over the knowledge reviews from your Rescue Diver Manual as well as watching the Rescue Diver Video (we'll mail your manual and video once registered). The knowledge reviews must be completed prior to arriving at the quarry. The Rescue Course does require students to take a multiple choice exam.
- Open Water Training: Over the course of two days of diving you'll practice rescue skills and put put them together in a couple fun scenarios.
The course is taught during the warmer months of the year (May- October) where we’ll meet at a local Quarry or at a local Spring.
When Can You Start?
Check out or schedule below for dates and times.
The course fee is $375 and includes:
- Knowledge review
- Rescue Diver Manual
- Open water dives
- Certification card
- Tanks and weights
- DVD (Rental/Returned before dives)
Course does not include: (Required Equipment student are responsible for supplying):
- Mask, snorkel, fins
- Buoyancy Control Device (BCD)
- Regulator/alternate air source
- Depth gauge/timer or computer
- Wetsuit with hoods and gloves (Recommend 7mm)
- Pocket mask use (Highly Recommended)
- Audible surface signal (Whistle)
- Surface signal (Safety Tube)
- Cutting tool
- CPR Mask
- Quarry entry fees
(Equipment can be rented from Atlantic Edge at a package rate)
Rescue Diver Paperwork
Rescue Diver Course Description
Rescue Diver Paperwork Packet
No Courses Found