The Full Face Mask Try It Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
An exciting alternative to a standard scuba regulator is a full face mask (FFM)! Using an FFM is easy, a lot of fun, and offers some great advantages to a standard scuba regulator, such as keeping your entire face warm during those cold winter and quarry dives, there is no jaw fatigue or water against your face, great field of vision, and you can add a communication unit so that you can talk to your buddy! Safely using a full face masks, however, requires special training. This Try It course is designed to introduce people to using a Full Face Mask before having them consider pursuing the PADI Full Face Mask Diver Specialty Course.
Among the many things, you will learn as part of this program:
- How to use a full face mask
- The advantages of using a full face mask
Students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Be certified the Open Water Diver level (or equivalent)
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Be able to answer "No" to all questions on the PADI/RSTC Medical History form, or secure a physician’s approval for diving prior to the start of the course
What is Involved?
The course consists of one 30-60 minute session:
Knowledge Development/Pool or Shallow Water Training: We'll review information on how the full face mask works. Then we will spend some time going over basic skills with the full face mask in the pool.
During the colder months (Nov-Apr) at any of our designated pool locations.
When Can You Start?
Check out or schedule below for dates and times. Start time is dependent on when you register.
The course fee is $69 and includes:
- Use of full face mask
- Pool session or shallow water session
- Tanks and weights
- Buoyancy Control Device (BCD)
- Regulator/alternate air source
- Depth gauge/timer or computer
Course does not include: (Required Equipment student are responsible for supplying):
Full Face Try It Paperwork
Full Face Try It Description
Full Face Mask Try It $69.00