The PADI Equipment Specialist Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
Don’t miss a dive due to a scuba gear issue. Whether it's a blown o-ring, regulator problem, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap, you can learn how to manage basic scuba equipment adjustments.
As an Equipment Specialist, you are prepared for the basic scuba equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you'll encounter every day. In addition, you'll learn interesting background information about how your gear works, how it’s repair and other information that helps you with your equipment investment and field repair that may save your dive!
Among the many things you will learn in the course include:
- Review the theory, principles and operation of scuba diving equipment
- Learn about routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage
- How to overcome common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
- Gain simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new gear (may include optional confined water dive to try new or unfamiliar equipment)
The PADI Equipment Specialist Course is not an equipment repair course. It will teach you how to do basic field repairs that may someday save your dive!
Students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Be certified the Open Water Diver level (or equivalent)
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Be able to answer "No" to all questions on the PADI/RSTC Medical History form, or secure a physician’s approval for diving prior to the start of the course
What is Involved?
The course consists of:
- Lots of hands on instructions and demonstrations!
- Encyclopedia - optional (purchase price $44.95)
Usually during the evening or a weekend day at Atlantic Edge Scuba in Gaithersburg. We do occasionally hold classes in other areas. Check the schedule below. If you don't see a class that fits your schedule let us know and we'll look at setting one up for you.
When Can You Start?
Check out or schedule below for dates and times.
The course fee is $119 and includes:
- Certification card
- Equipment Specialist Touch (Optional purchase $49.95)
Equipment Specialist Paperwork
Equipment Specialsit Course Description
Equipment Specialsit Paperwork Packet
No Courses Found