Join us in Grand Cayman for some of the best boat and shore diving sites in the Caribbean with easy access. Rays, turtles, reef sharks and an occasional manta or whale shark can be seen on the wall, and there are nice swim throughs/caves on the wall. You will see more Tarpon in Cayman than any other dive destination hanging out in the dark overhangs in the shallows.Sunset House Resort (http://www.sunsethouse.com/) is consistently rated one of the top "reader's choice" dive resorts by Scuba Diving Magazine (http://www.scubadiving.com/gold-list-2017), and one of the only resorts on the island with a house reef steps just steps away from your room. The sunsets at the resort are incredible.About This Trip:This trip is a 5 day, 4 night trip with 3 days of boat diving and unlimited shore diving at the house reef. Each afternoon you have the option to relax, head to Georgetown, dive on our own at the house reef or join Erik for guided shore dives to different sites on the island.After arriving Friday and checking in, you will have the option of going out on an afternoon and/or evening guided shore dive at the house reef. Sunset House has a nice house reef that offers wall diving (with a long swim out), a small wreck, the famed mermaid statue and lots of tongue and groove formations near shore for multiple ways to dive the site.Each morning you will dive two morning boat dives at 8:00 am Saturday-Monday, and then decide what you want to do in the afternoon. Erik will select a different location to take guests on guided shore dives. Some of the sites require us to take cabs and rent tanks at the site, and there is an additional fee for cabs that we will share and on-site tank rental is usually $15.Accommodations:Sunset House Resort sits on the water near Georgetown. Breakfast is included in your trip, and there is a full-service restaurant for lunch, happy hour and dinner. The resort is within walking distance to Georgetown where there are lots of restaurant choices, or a short cab ride to 7 mile beach for upscale restaurants. There is not a beach at Sunset House. It is a rocky, iron coast with a great house reef. The resort has a swimming pool, but if you want a beach 7 mile beach is recommended.Itinerary:Friday, March 16--Arrive Grand Cayman. Airport transfer to Sunset House resort. Check in at dive shop. Guided afternoon shore dive and night dive.Saturday, March 17--2 tank morning boat dives. Guided shore dive (1 or 2) at Lighthouse Point.Sunday, March 18--2 tank morning boat dives. Guided shore dive house reef or optional wreck dive USS Kittiwake (additional fee $85/person and need minimum 4 people)Monday, March 19--2 tank morning boat dives. Guided shore dive (1 or 2) at Eden Rock/Devil's Grotto.Tuesday, March 20--Check out. Transfer to airport.Trip Cost:$1,099 (Non Diver $899), double occupancy. (Single Occupancy $1499)Trip Cost Includes:
- 4 nights lodging at Sunset House Resort (double occupancy).
- 3 days of 2 tank morning boat dives.
- Unlimited shore diving at the house reef.
- Breakfast each morning.
- Airport transfers.
- Tanks & weights.
- All hotel taxes and fees.Trip Cost Does Not Include:
- Nitrox--Additional Fee $75 for the trip.
- Trip Cancellation and Dive Insurance.
- Meals other than breakfast.
- Personal Dive Equipment.
- Optional USS Kittawake trip ($85/person minimum 4 people)Payment Schedule:$100 non-refundable deposit due upon registration. Balance due 65 days before the trip. Balance payment must be by check or a 3% credit card fee applies.Guide:Erik Fulwider is a PADI Instructor that really enjoys traveling as much as possible. He has been diving all over the Caribbean and other parts of the world. If you have questions about the trip, email Erik (email@example.com).
Friday 16 Mar 2018