The Advanced Open Water Diver Course with ATLANTIC EDGE
When you’re ready to take your diving to the next level take the Advanced Open Water course. We’ll take you on 5 different diving experiences in one weekend, wreck diving, deep diving, search and recovery and a couple of others. And as always, it’s fun! Our Advanced course is done over the course of two days. It consists of five ‘special’ dives – each one with a particular focus aimed at improving your diving skills.
Among the many things, you will learn as part of this program:
- Underwater navigation
- Peak Buoyancy
- Wreck Diving
- Search and Recovery
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
Students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Be certified the Open Water Diver level (or equivalent)
- Be at least 12 years of age.
- Be able to answer No to all questions on the PADI/RSTC Medical History form, or secure a physician’s approval for diving prior to the start of the course
What is Involved?
The course consists of two parts:
- Knowledge Development through independant study. We'll start the day by going over the 5 knowledge reviews from your Advanced Open Water Diver Manual (we'll mail your manual once registered). The knowledge reviews must be completed prior to arriiving at the quarry.
- Open Water Training: Over the course of two dives, we'll do 5 dives (usually 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday).
The course is taught during the warmer months of the year (May through Ocotober) were we’ll meet at Hyde’s Quarry.
When Can You Start?
Check out or schedule below for dates and times.
The course fee is $249 and includes:
- Knowledge Review
- Advnaced Open Water Diver Manual
- Open water dives
- Certification card
- Tanks and weights
Course does not include: (Required Equipment student are responsible for supplying):
- Mask, snorkel, fins.
- Buoyancy Control Device (BCD).
- Regulator/alternate air source.
- Depth gauge/timer or computer.
- Wetsuit with hoods and gloves (Recommend 7mm)
- Audible surface signal (whisle).
- Surface signal (safety tube).
- Cutting tool.
- Quarry entry fees
(Equipment can be rented from Atlantic Edge at a package rate)
Advanced Open Water Paperwork Packet
Advanced Open Water Diver $249.00